This DIY Facial Toner recipe is more of a template to help you use what you have on hand! A 2 oz bottle can hold 5 tbsp of liquid so feel free to mix up the proportions even though this is how I typically do it.
I use 1 tbsp of witch hazel and 1 tbsp of rose hydrosol:
- Witch hazel is great for all kinds of skin types and issues. As a bonus, in folklore, witch hazel has protective qualities.
- Rose is great for sensitive skin and all skin types, as well as being associated with love, luck, and healing.
- Apple Cider Vinegar helps with balancing the skins pH levels and improving your skin overall. You can play with the ratios if you find 1:5 is too harsh for your skin but it should be a safe place to start. You can also just replace it if you don’t like the smell!
If you don’t have any flower essences and are interested in adding a bit of plant magic to your DIY facial toner, check out my shop over here!
Facial Toner Template
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar (the kind with mother)
- 2 tbsp distilled water
- 2 tbsp hydrosols
- 3 drops flower essences
- Add all ingredients to the bottle and shake to mix!