One of my favourite things to use on my face is honey so when I saw someone post about an Aloe Honey mask, I knew I had to play around with the idea. I’ve been really loving the results! After I use it, my face feels really moisturized and smooth. Normally I just use straight honey as a mask but it definitely feels worth it to take the extra step.
There’s a bunch of different ways you can customize this to meet your skin’s needs. Things I’ve tried adding in include:
- flower essences
- essential oils
- powdered herbs
Aloe Honey Face Mask Template
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp aloe vera
- 1 tsp ground herb optional
- 3 drops flower essence optional
- 3 drops essential oil optional
- Add ingredients to a container and mix. I used a milk frother but a mini whisk would also work well.
- Add to the jar and enjoy!
If you’re looking for some ideas for what you could try adding in, here’s some herbs that I think could be really beneficial, beyond helping to exfoliate:
- kelp powder (antioxidants + anti-aging)
- cinnamon (acne)
- chamomile (soothing)
- rose hip (antioxidants + anti-aging)
- rosemary (antioxidants + salicylates)
- thyme (acne)
Have you tried any add-ons in your masks? What are your favourites?0